We’ve compiled our most frequently encountered challenges here. Luckily, there are lots of quick fixes.
Most problems on Toucans have an easy solution. These may sound like silly suggestions, but they actually do the trick 99% of the time:
- Try reloading the page. Doing so can prompt you to grant camera and microphone permissions again, restart your camera and audio, and also refresh the app.
- Try another browser. Sometimes issues that you may be experiencing on one browser will not appear on other browsers. A vast majority of the time, Toucan works best on Chrome. So if you are not using Chrome and have it installed on your computer, try using Chrome.
- If you enter an event and get worried that you can’t see anyone’s video or hear anyone’s audio, make sure you have joined a group. The way that the platform works is that you only hear and see the people that you’re in a group with, and when you first log into a Toucan event, you are not automatically dumped into a group - you need to join one.
- When you’re in a group, and others can’t seem to hear or see you, please double-check that you haven’t accidentally turned your camera or microphone off. Hey, it happens to the best of us.
- Check to see if you're using a device with a firewall. Sometimes that blocks entry to Toucan events.
- Sometimes it helps to quit and restart your browser. Also, check to see that you have the most updated browser version.
- It rarely comes to this, but you may need to restart your computer. We’re supposed to do that pretty regularly anyway.
If none of these suggestions work, you can always check up on other help center articles or interact with our support widget in the bottom right-hand corner.