If you want to speak to everyone in an event, regardless of what groups they’re in, Presenter Mode is what you're looking for.
Making announcements and giving presentations are super easy on Toucan with Presenter Mode. When you're in an event with a bunch of people, who are all divided among different groups, you can speak to them all at once. All you have to do is:
- Click the orange "Present" button at the bottom of your screen and take the stage.
- Click ‘start presenting’.
If you want to stop presenting, click on the orange 'X' button at the bottom of your screen. There can be up to 5 presenters at once.
Screen Sharing in Presenter Mode
When you’re in Presenter Mode, you can share your screen with everybody in the event:
- Once you are on stage, you will see the orange computer icon at the bottom of the screen
- A pop-up will appear for you to share your entire screen, a window, or a tab.
- Pick one of the options and click "Share".
- To stop screen sharing, click the orange computer icon again. There should be an X on the screen.
Listening to the presenter(s) vs. your group
If someone else is presenting, and you want to focus on your group conversation, you can turn the group volume up and the presenter volume down - and vice versa. That's why we built a sound mixer. Click the orange volume icon in the top right corner of the screen. That'll open a volume slider. Move the dot closer to the top to hear more of the presenter and closer to the bottom to hear more of your group.